Freddie Mac’s Business Resiliency Team protects corporate assets from significant business interruptions by optimizing risk management and building operational resiliency. The Business Resiliency team is comprised of three primary service verticals which include Planning, Assurance and Crisis Communication.
The Director of Business Resiliency Planning is a newly created leadership role that reports directly to the Senior Director of Enterprise Business Resiliency Management. Working closely with all business lines and functional areas (IT, Risk, Audit, HR, Corporate Services and Corp. Communications), the director will be directly accountable for building out and implementing the business resiliency program operating framework across Freddie Mac.
The Director of Business Continuity Planning will be a high-impact role that will be responsible for developing and managing plans and procedures that ensure that the firm is able to respond to events that impact our critical business operations. The role will also influence technology resiliency design and operating requirements. This role will work with key leaders throughout the organization to develop a risk analysis and roadmap for business continuity and disaster recovery planning.
This position requires a strong understanding of people, process and technology including; business continuity planning, disaster recovery, resiliency risk management and the experience in operationalizing a resiliency platform at the enterprise level. The Director of Business Resiliency Planning will be responsible for identifying, managing, measuring and controlling operational risks and concerns including oversight over key controls within the first-line of defense.
* Lead efforts across the organization to develop and implement Business Continuity Plans (BCP’s)
* Educate and train business areas on how to conduct Business Impact Analysis (BIA’s) and how they should use these outputs to develop Business Continuity Plans
* Creates awareness programs focused on educating participants on the role of BCM
* Business Continuity Plan (BCP) Exercises – Periodically tests contingency plans based on criticality; ensures all contingency plans are tested within a defined cycle. Keeps documentation of all tests and presents results and learning to senior management.
* Audit and Maintenance – Ensures maintenance of plans through annual review and business owners updates as changes take place. Semi-annually conduct a comprehensive assessment to ascertain the program effectiveness.
* Report on organization’s BCP status, activities, including descriptions of goals, planning, scheduling, execution, results, analysis, conclusions, and recommendations. Identify opportunities for strategic improvement or mitigation of business interruption and other risks caused by business, regulatory, or industry-specific change initiatives.
* Monitor and track program compliance and effectiveness through the development and ongoing maintenance of dashboards and metrics for management awareness of business continuity program state of readiness
*Collaborate with stakeholders to identify enterprise risks associated with business disruption and develop effective strategies to recover the business operations in a defined time frame, respond to the disruption in an organized manner, and to lead ongoing improvement in practices and mitigation strategies
* Provide active support to daily oversight of the core business continuity program as well as cross-functional efforts such as third party and vendor resilience requirements
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
* Provide strategic insights
* Lead planning, execution and define success measures
* Embrace culture of change and drive service oriented processes