This position is in the Single-Family Data organization on the Approved Provisioning Points (APPs) Business Management team. APPs team provides business ownership and management for Contract, Loan, Mortgage Back Securities (MBS) and Primary Market Loan (PML) APPs, and data services such as Common Transformation Services (CTrS) to ensure data accessibility, availability, accuracy, and integrity. We provide initiative/project and business operations support for the APPs.
This individual will manage the APPs Business Operations & Portfolio Management team. In this role, he/she will ensure the resolution of production operational and technical issues impacting the APPs along with managing the consistency, coordination, and planning of APPs portfolio across initiatives and operations.
The manager provides data support for key controls and processes over the APPs including collecting artifacts to demonstrate compliance.
The APPs Business Operations & Portfolio Management team performs:
- Business Operations Support (24×7 adhoc support):
- Issues and Resolution Management
- Communications to IT/Business Partners and Consumers
- L3 Production Break-Fix
- Data Movement Monitoring and Validation
- Operational Metrics Reporting
- APPs Operational Framework
- Team Coordination – Training, SharePoint
- Portfolio Reporting – Operational & Project Metrics
- Resource and Capacity Planning
- Change Management
- Coordinate External Project Impact Assessment
- Risk & Controls Compliance – Risks, Controls, and Issues Management
- Audit and SOX Testing Support Coordination
- Provide guidance, coaching, direction, and mentoring to employees.
- Oversee the completion of data analysis/lineage, operational support requirements such as SLAs and control reports, and other technical/business support activities for the APPs as appropriate for the effort.
- Establish operational objectives, budgets, schedules, work plans, and performance requirements, and delegate assignments to subordinate.
- Establish and ensure consistent, timely and accurate operational reporting to management including metrics, issues and incidents, and overall operational health.
- Exercise independent judgment and discretion in operational management. Prioritizes, plans and track progress.
- Manage the day-to-day activities, resources allocations, support, and strategic planning.
- Partner and manage relationships and interaction with business and technical teams to ensure all parties have understanding of requests, requirements and process steps to ensure alignment and successful outcome.
- Manage the coordination of activities within team and across teams as appropriate.
- Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish.
- Ensure compliance with Enterprise and Single-Family Data Risk and Controls requirements. Support testing and audit activities, as needed.
- Ensure adherence to documentation and controls requirements including upcoming artifacts, creating new assets as required and documentation is aligned with operational support practices.
- Provide On-Call management support as needed.
- Ensure appropriate project and operational support, including support of Initiatives, Production Support and other functions within the APPs Ops team.
- Own Change Management process, adherence to Line of Business and Enterprise standards for Change Management standards.
- Ensure development and completion of impact assessments, business requirements, testing, and automated/manual controls for applications interacting with the APPs.
- Ensure APPs Operational Framework is updated, processes are adhered to and ongoing needs of the portfolio are addressed.
- Establish and ensure consistent, timely and accurate portfolio-level reporting of operational metrics, initiative progress and overall portfolio health.
- Identify risks and issues; establish mitigation plan to facilitate issue resolution.
- Other duties as assigned.
- College Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred. Typically have 8-10 years related experience and 2+ years management experience.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and conflict resolution skills.
- Understanding of data management concepts, processes and tools; experience with providing oversight or operational support.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changes in an environment.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry, Freddie Mac, and operational processes and information needs are a plus
- Experience with operational/production support teams.
- Experience developing and presenting information to/at executive levels
- Experience with SOX controls in a data warehouse or any shared information asset (s)environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to resolve conflict while maintaining relationships
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Key to success in this role:
- Lead by example – understands the importance of openness and transparency
- People manager who understands the importance of their people to invest and commit to helping them grow professionally
- Strong verbal and written communications
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and wear multiple hats as needed.
- Decisiveness and confident – able to do due diligence and assess all options and make decision confidently
- Ability to creatively solve complex problems and improve operations
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess:
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals; Lead from the front, balancing delegation with doing
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS