The Director, Special Servicing, is seeking a Multifamily Asset Management Senior to join the Structured Transactions group. The Structured Transactions group within Special Servicing handles all servicing related functions for the most complex portfolio assets, primarily Multifamily bond transactions. These bond transactions represent a multi-billion, long term portfolio exposure to Freddie Mac but also represent a significant commitment to some of Freddie Mac’s most important corporate objectives. The hired candidate will manage and analyze complex consent requests, complete underwriting analysis, and work with legal counsel as appropriate. In addition, the Asset Management Senior will exercise delegated approval authority for certain credit decisions on regular requests and recommend to management for circumstances that exceed their respective levels of authority.
- Perform periodic monitoring and attestations on the book of hedges (including caps and swaps) that serve either as additional collateral or for which Freddie Mac has guaranteed the Owner’s contractual performance.
- Oversee and/or participate in high profile and impactful projects as assigned, including business process information.
- Manage and analyze complex transactions, complete underwriting analysis on borrower requests such as: loan assumptions, collateral substitutions, easements and other industry standard performing loan requests
- Coordinate with external Servicers on post-closing Borrower consent requests and collateral changes
- Monitor Freddie Mac’s revolver commitments and valuations, pledged collateral consents, and deal level consents
- Lead loan compliance efforts for given deal securitizations by working with Servicers to obtain information and sharing with all relevant internal parties
- Provide superior customer service while managing a large volume of requests
- Manage many different processes at the same time though a high level of organization and efficiency
- Communicate effectively with Servicers and internal customers
- Support the process of reviewing and analyzing loan level financial and physical property information
- Support initiatives for the team
- Prepare reports for management
- Serves as business continuity liaison with other divisional business partners and teams
- Typically has 5 plus years of relative experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Business Administration or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be obtained
- Ability to efficiently manage large volumes of requests and be a flexible team player
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately on projects with specific and measurable due dates and goals
- Experience building and maintaining strong and positive relationships with internal and external customers
Key to success in this role
- Interest in developing a skill set within asset management focusing on pre-securitization activities
- Exposure to a national multifamily real estate portfolio
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and be self-directed
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Partnership – Work effectively within a diverse team to achieve defined objectives
- Customer Focus – Engage with internal and external customers and deliver as promised
- Drive for Execution – Focus on achieving quality results rather than the appearance of results
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS