The Director, Collateral Risk Policy is currently seeking a Collateral Risk Policy Senior to support the development of single-family collateral risk management policies, requirements and guidelines.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The proactive development and recommendation of effective, timely and well-written collateral risk management policies, requirements and guidelines that adequately address and mitigate property valuation and underwriting related collateral risk based on his or her extensive knowledge of collateral, the mortgage loan origination industry, as well as mortgage loan industry developments and market trends consistent with the Single Family Mortgage Credit Risk Management goals and objectives;
- The ability to effectively and efficiently work on a variety of complex collateral related policies such as leasehold estates, manufactured housing, properties located in rural locations, energy efficient properties, and renovation on an as-needed basis;
- The ability to work effectively with others in Mortgage Credit Risk Management, as well as with counterparts outside of Mortgage Credit Risk Management, to ensure that input from their respective areas are considered and evaluated when developing policies
The Collateral Risk Policy Senior is a key member of the Freddie Mac collateral risk management team who provides guidance and interpretation on collateral related issues to internal and external customers; and works on a variety of collateral related policies, technology related initiatives, and customer solutions on an as-needed basis.
- Candidate typically has 5-7 years related experience
- College degree or commensurate experience
- An extensive knowledge of collateral risk management policies, property eligibility and underwriting guidelines, roperty valuation methods and techniques, and the mortgage loan origination industry
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work with and advise internal corporate stakeholders on current and proposed policies
- Must have demonstrated the ability to effectively lead a cooperative effort among members of a project team
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- The highest level of professionalism, self-motivation, adaptability and flexibility to work in a fast changing environment
Key to success in this role
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Ability to build upon prior knowledge
- Team oriented
- Positively accept feedback for self-development/improvement
- Strong work ethic
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Customer Focus – Personally engage with internal and external customers and deliver as promised
- Partnership – Work effectively across teams to achieve both company and customer objectives
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results
- Advanced studies/degree
- Real estate appraisal experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS