If you are a smart, curious, self-motivated and organized professional with a passion for multifamily real estate, Freddie Mac might be the employer for you. We are currently looking to add a Multifamily Underwriting/Credit Risk Oversight Manager to the team at our headquarters in McLean, VA. Freddie Mac Multifamily provides mortgage funding for apartment loans throughout the nation, purchasing loans from a network of lenders and then securitizing them. The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Credit Risk Oversight Manager will report to the Senior Director – CRE Commercial Credit Risk and will be part of the Multifamily (MF) CRO team responsible for review and oversight (Second Line of Defense) of a wide range of underwriting and asset management functions for our complex, rapidly growing multifamily loan portfolio.
This is an opportunity to influence the entire multifamily real estate market with input on underwriting and credit risk policy at the country’s largest Multifamily lender, with over a $70 billion platform. If you are looking to have your work impact not just individual deals, but the entire multifamily industry, come join our oversight team!
Your work falls into two primary categories:
- Prepare post-purchase credit recommendations and valuations to ensure credit quality of portfolio and accurate assessment of portfolio risk.
- Apply in-depth knowledge of multifamily lending to ensure strong loan credit and underwriting quality
- Perform ongoing risk analysis for multifamily portfolio and counterparties, ensuring timely risk detection and appropriate monitoring, and provides feedback to senior management for decision process improvements.
- Review of internal valuations, third-party appraisals, and physical condition reports.
- Work within an established loan review process, ability to prioritize tasks, capable of handling multiple tasks at once to meet timelines and due dates
- Ability to advance in providing a high-level perspective on credit risk issues
- Communicates with internal business partners, mainly including Underwriting, Asset Management and Legal to resolve credit risk issues as they arise through the loan review process
- Participates in providing reporting and management feedback
- Typically has 8-10 years of hands-on Multifamily underwriting experience, preferably with a Freddie Mac or GSE seller servicer
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Experience working in the multifamily mortgage industry or financial institutions
- Effective and well-organized verbal and written presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- No travel required
Keys to success in this role:
- Enjoy an oversight role to the MF Division by providing high-level perspectives
- Multifamily Underwriting and Credit expertise
- Team player with positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo.
- Advanced studies/degree with focus in Real Estate
- GSE lending experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS