Freddie Mac’s Customer Compliance Management (CCM) department in the Multifamily Division is currently seeking a Counterparty Credit Risk Management Senior. The hired candidate will assist the department in managing credit risks from business transacted with financial institutions, mortgage banks, and other institutions in the Multifamily Housing sector.
If you are an analytical team player who is interested in intellectual challenges and helping create, preserve and improve Multifamily Housing, you are invited to join our dynamic and exciting organization.
Your work in this role will include:
- Performing credit analysis on counterparties evaluating their creditworthiness and recommending internal risk ratings and exposure limits
- Conducting surveillance of news media for counterparty developments and monitoring of counterparty internal risk ratings and related risk exposure against assigned limits for escalation to management
- Recommend risk mitigating actions within policy guidelines as necessary
- Assist in developing the department’s infrastructure for managing and reporting counterparty credit risk and generating routine reports for distribution to key stakeholders
- Drafting of departmental procedures for review and approval by management
- Working on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of mortgage industry trend, counterparty business strategy, and financial performance
- Typically has at least 5 years of experience analyzing regulated financial institutions, including banks and credit unions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills
- Intermediate understanding of financial statements
- Advanced MS Office Suite skills and experience, with an emphasis on Excel and Access
Keys to Success in this role:
- Strong work ethic and a positive, can-do attitude
- Strong presence with the ability to interact with team members and senior leadership
- Independent worker and analytical thinker with an ability to conduct research, and data analysis
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Self-motivated analytical thinker that needs little to no supervision in a team based environment
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess:
- Drive for Execution
- Seek & Embrace Change
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS