The Enterprise Consumer Credit Risk Department within the Enterprise Risk Management Division (ERM) monitors credit risks and first line activities related to the company’s Single Family credit portfolio. This role will monitor, assess and provide oversight of Servicing Policy, Servicing Portfolio Management and REO. This includes, but is not limited to, trend analysis of credit events and independent assessment of credit risk related to Single Family management activities.
* Build partnerships with various first line and second line groups to facilitate risk oversight and establish thresholds for performance metrics.
* Manage or lead a cooperative effort among various teams for assessment of risks.
* Lead independent risk assessments of servicing performance activities related to single family servicing of mortgage loans in the company’s portfolio; provide effective challenge where appropriate.
* Analyze and monitor impact of servicing policy changes, pilot programs and default management and REO approaches as they impact Freddie Mac’s SF portfolio. Assess effectiveness of implemented programs by reviewing portfolio trends and asset performance in default and REO.
* Evaluate new business initiatives and consider impacts to portfolio risk and risk management strategies
* Monitor compliance with corporate risk policies and standards governing servicing practices; review risk indicators to monitor compliance with the SF portfolio risk appetite
* May recommend changes to policies and establish procedures. Works on issues of diverse scope where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends and a working knowledge of various asset disposition strategies, including loan modifications, short sales, foreclosure and REO.
* Document results of independent oversight and assessment; monitor risk response and resolution activities
* Communicate risk assessment results to senior management and business leadership.
Keys to Success
* Ability to work independently and adapt in a changing environment
* Execution focused, with demonstrated initiative and personal accountability
* Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
* Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
* Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
* Seek and Embrace Change: Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
* 8-10 years of related professional work experience in mortgage loan servicing and default management
* 2+ years management experience
* Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
* Demonstrated ability to draw accurate conclusions from data and present results clearly to stakeholders and senior management
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Proficient in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong data management skills using SQL, Tableau or other analytical tools to query and analyze data, and prepare reports and presentations
* Knowledge of structured finance
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS