Freddie Mac’s Single-Family Division is currently seeking a Developer Sr. to validate, analyze and identify data issues in production and to help support Credit Analytics and Reporting team by building dashboards.
Your work falls into two primary categories:
Production Defects/Issues Management
- Gather and document data requirements and rules based on business needs to help with production issues/defect tracking.
- Help develop Business user acceptance test scenarios/cases, develop test scripts, and test data as needed to ensure the data flow meets reporting and analytical needs.
- Perform extensive data mining and data profiling of Credit Analytics data.
- Understand business context and needs, and accordingly understand data flow from various structure/unstructured formats.
- Ensure completion of data analysis/lineage, operational support requirements such as SLAs and control reports, and other technical/business support as appropriate for the effort.
- Able to grasp system process flows and identify data points, calculations and business rules and help enhance operational processes.
- Understand and analyze current production process and help identify/analyze/document gaps and clearly communicate the same to the team.
- Act as liaison between business users and upstream operations teams to ensure all parties have complete understanding of issues/requests, requirements and process steps to ensure alignment and successful outcome.
- Follows established processes, procedures, and directions.
- Responsible for maintaining process documentation and other relevant records as needed.
- Be a creative thinker and can adapt to a quickly changing environment.
- Manage concurrent and multiple priorities within fast changing environment and meet tight deadlines
- Support weekend and late night deployments and production issues.
- Monitor daily production jobs and communicate to CAR users in a timely basis.
Degree in Information Management, Computer Science or related field with 5+ years related experience
Typically has 5+ years’ work experience in Systems Analysis and production support activities.
7+ years of data analysis experience, with a combination of business and technical skills with experience working with data marts/database from structured/unstructured data.
Experience with database, data model and data warehouse concepts
7+ years of SQL programming experience
5+ years of Informatica, Unix programming skills or similar programming experience
2+ with Big Data Hadoop environment and experience working with Python or other big data related technologies.
Experience working with JSON, XML and unstructured data processing
Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Work, Excel, etc.)
Key to success in this role
- Demonstrates flexibility and adaptability to changes
- Strong organizational and time management skills and can work on multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers to learn and deliver on their needs
- Partnership – Align myself and my team with what is right for the company
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results
Familiarity with using SAS is a plus.
Mortgage industry experience or financial / credit analysis
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS