If you are a smart, curious, self-motivated and organized professional with a passion for multifamily real estate, Freddie Mac might be the employer for you. We are currently looking to add a Multifamily Underwriting/Credit Risk Oversight Senior to the team at our headquarters in McLean, VA. Freddie Mac Multifamily provides mortgage funding for apartment loans throughout the nation, purchasing loans from a network of lenders and then securitizing them. The Commercial Real Estate (CRE) Credit Risk Oversight Senior will report to the Senior Director – CRE Commercial Credit Risk and will be part of the Multifamily CRO team responsible for review and oversight (Second Line of Defense) of a wide range of underwriting and asset management functions for our complex, rapidly growing multifamily loan portfolio.
This is an opportunity to influence the entire multifamily real estate market with input on underwriting and credit risk policy at the country’s largest Multifamily lender, with over a $70 billion platform. If you are looking to have your work impact not just individual deals, but the entire multifamily industry, come join our oversight team!
Your work falls into three primary categories:
- Solid understanding of credit risk
- Assist with post-purchase credit recommendations and valuations
- Very comfortable with numbers and analytics
- Ability to advance in providing a high-level perspective on credit risk issues
- Participates in providing reporting and management feedback
- Creative, good at problem solving and a strong communicator
- Self-motivated with an ability to prioritize, take initiative, and operate proactively
- Must be highly organized with a strong ability to multi-task
Structure and Development
- Proven ability to learn fast in diverse business environments
- Competent at juggling multiple, fast paced deliverables
- Ability to thrive under pressure
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate or related discipline and/or equivalent experience
- Typically has 5+ years of related work experience in Multifamily underwriting
- Experience working in the multifamily mortgage industry or financial institutions
- Effective and well-organized verbal and written presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- No travel required
Keys to success in this role
- Enjoy an oversight role to the MF Division by providing high-level perspectives
- Multifamily Underwriting and Credit expertise
- Team player with positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS