The Enterprise Consumer Credit Risk Department within the Enterprise Risk Management Division (ERM) is responsible for independent oversight and assessment of Freddie Mac’s consumer credit risk management activities involving the company’s $1.9 trillion single-family (SF) portfolio. The incumbent will monitor and assess SF portfolio risk management strategies and processes, including credit risk transfer activities.
- Lead independent oversight and assessment of SF portfolio risk management strategies and processes, including credit risk transfer activities.
- Monitor compliance with corporate risk policies and standards governing portfolio consumer credit risk management activities.
- Review risk indicators to monitor compliance with the SF portfolio risk appetite.
- Identify and monitor additional risk trends, including external risk factors to detect changes and monitor potential impacts to risk levels in the portfolio, new acquisitions, and credit risk transfer.
- Evaluate new business initiatives, including new credit risk transfer products and evolving origination practices for consumer credit risks; Consider impact of new initiatives to portfolio risk and risk management strategies.
- Monitor and conduct independent analysis of significant impacts to the SF portfolio, including new acquisition activity, credit risk transfer transactions and macro-economic and other external drivers.
- Monitor and analyze overall portfolio risk exposure and provide recommendations on mitigation strategies.
- Monitor developments in the credit risk transfer markets.
- Participate in meetings where portfolio risk management and credit risk transfer activity is discussed.
- Identify and communicate significant risks and issues (‘effective challenge’) to the Chief Enterprise Risk Officer and SF business management; Monitor risk response and resolution activities.
- Document results of independent oversight and assessment.
- Build strong partnerships with SF counterparts and across ERM.
- 7+ years of related professional work experience
- BS/BA degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics or similar field
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong data management skills using SQL, Tableau or other analytical tools to query and analyze data, and prepare reports and presentations
- Proficient in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel and PowerPoint
Keys to Success:
- Execution focused, with demonstrated initiative and personal accountability
- Strong consultation and influencing skills
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the team and where silos exist
- Ability to work independently and adapt in a changing environment
- Ability to perform empirical analysis and synthesize information for stakeholders, including senior management
- Curiosity to learn and challenge the status quo
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
- Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- MBA/MS in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Quantitative Finance
- Experience in portfolio consumer credit risk management
- Knowledge of Freddie Mac internal models and processes
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS