As an Audit Manager for the Finance and Multifamily (FAM) audit team an individual will lead multiple audit projects simultaneously, including audits, follow ups, and pre-implementation reviews. The FAM team audits a variety of areas including: end-to-end processes for Multifamily division, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments across business segments, regulatory and economic capital, and framework for measuring corporate profitability. This individual will be primarily focused on auditing financial reporting, accounting and other processes owned by the Finance divisions.
* Setting direction for audit projects and motivate the audit team
* Actively seeking to build trusted relationships with clients
* Maintaining current business knowledge in specific areas and
* Improving processed to drive efficiency and effectiveness
* Coaching and mentoring junior level staff.
* Typically has 8 to 10 years of experience, including 5 to 7+ years of previous experience in public accounting, risk management or internal audit; other relevant experience may be considered
* Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
* Solid understanding of the financial services industry, including financial reporting and accounting
* Experience auditing financial institutions with a focus on financial risk. Demonstrates proficiency in audit methodology and risk/controls assessments
* Business writing and communicating with data
* Requires CIA or CPA certification
Keys to success in the role:
* Solid understanding of technical accounting, financial reporting and valuation of complex financial instruments.
* Inspiring leader to peers and junior audit professionals
* Ability to make the complex simple and focus on the big picture
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
* Leadership: Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
* Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships within the team and internal business areas.
* Growth and Development: Develop the team (and help others) to be better contributors and leaders
* Financial Institution or Big 4 advisory experience
* Advanced accounting degree or experience in Technical Accounting
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS