Do you have a passion for managing operational risks? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment? Are you excited by the opportunity to impact an entire company? If so, you may be a great fit with Freddie Mac’s operational risk team.
The Policy Manager is responsible for developing and tracking review of all domain risk frameworks, policies and standards. The manager will work with specialized domain risk leads (i.e., Third Party Risk, Business Resiliency Risk, Fraud Risk, Information and Technology Risk domains) to develop the domain risk policies, standards, and training content.
You work will fall into two major catagoriesPolicy and Standards Development and Governance
- Maintain and optimize an operational risk policy and standard governance process (i.e., policy lifecycle) and coordinate with the policy leaders to ensure consistency with overall policy governance
Develop the overall operational risk policies and standards in collaboration with other leaders across the three lines of defense
Develop domain-specific policies and standards, by collaborating with respective risk leads to drive consistency between all operational risk policies and standards; Help ensure consistency of communication and monitoring approach
Maintain the domain specific policies and standards in collaboration with risk leaders (i.e., policy administration)
Develop required materials and work with the business-aligned risk leads to communicate operational risk policies and standards requirements, including changes
Work with the business-aligned risk leads to monitor adherence to the overall operational risk policies and standards to the business lines and supporting functions
Work with domain risk leads to determine training needs for domain specific operational risk frameworks, policies and standards
Coordinate and oversee the development and delivery of all domain specific framework, policies and standards trainings
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operational risk management
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Risk Management or related discipline\\Required Skills (No more than 5)
- Knowledge and experience with leading industry standards for operational risk domain-specific policies and standards
- Experience with setting policy standards and governance processes for policies
- Strong understanding of regulatory requirements related to operational risk management (e.g., FHFA, Basel)
- Experience developing training content
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and result-driven problem solver with the capability of managing multiple priorities without heavy supervision
Keys to success
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate, while driving decisions and project execution
- Ability to deliver in a dynamic and changing environment
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Posses
- Partnership – ability to partner with individuals throughout the organization in an effective and professional manner
- Drive for Execution: strong desire to see a task through from beginning to completion
- Seek and Embrace Change: ability to identify way to increase productivity and efficiency
- Familiarity with GSE’s regulatory operational risk framework, including prudential standards and FHFA advisory bulletins
- Financial services industry experience
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and expectations related to operational risk management
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS