* Master’s degree (or bachelor’s degree with equivalent work experience) in statistics, data science or a related quantitative field.
* Coursework or work experience applying predictive modeling techniques from data science, statistics, machine learning, and econometrics to large data sets. Qualifying coursework may include–but is not limited to–data science, statistics, machine learning, optimization, numerical analysis, scientific programming, computational methods, supervised learning, unsupervised learning, text mining, and image analysis.
* Coursework or work experience writing computer programs to implement data science pipelines and predictive algorithms. Programming languages may include–but are not limited to–Python, R, SQL, Java, SAS, and MATLAB.
* Coursework or work experience using technologies for manipulating structured and unstructured big data. Big data technologies may include–but are not limited to–Hadoop, Hive, Pig, Spark, relational databases, and NoSQL.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess:
* Growth and Development – An inquisitive nature and desire to continue learning in both technical and business relevant dimensions.
* Seek and Embrace Change – Operate within an agile project structure that shifts frequently in response to client needs. Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo.
* Leadership – Primary focus of building something of significance with a willingness to roll up sleeves and do whatever it takes.