We are currently seeking a Risk Analytics Sr to join the Analytics, Reporting and Transactions team in the Single Family division. The team is responsible for analyzing, reporting and help managing credit risk. The position will be tasked with developing reporting and processes, performing data research and analyses and preparing reports and presentations about seller and policy performance.
Your work follows into the following category:
- Optimize and execute monthly and quarterly baseline processes and reports. Analyze and interpret report outputs in the context of the Credit Management process as well as in the larger context of credit risk for Freddie Mac
- Prepare and maintain documentation for processes, systems, and procedures
- Participate in development of dashboards, reporting and analytics to support Credit Management.
- Validate, research and analyze data to frame and answer ad-hoc analytical questions. Present ideas and recommendations to management. Gain in-depth understanding of source data and related controls
- Develop new and maintain existing methods to sustain the quality, timeliness, reliability, and usefulness of the team’s deliverables to support business decisions
- Typically Two to four years of experience in credit risk analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or a related field of study
- Demonstrated proficiency in SAS, SQL, Microstrategy or other querying/reporting language
- Experience in analyzing and manipulating large data sets
- Experience in summarizing findings and communicating insights.
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail and high quality self-review of work products
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, identify and escalate issues appropriately to supervisors and management, and assimilate constructive feedback
- Self-motivated, proactive, and results-driven problem solver with excellent written and oral communication skills
Key to success in this role:
- A sense of humor
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Change leadership
- Ability to work across silos
- Comfortable in the space between no longer and not yet
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and topics
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of Credit
- Ability to use data to formulate and flex communications
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess:
- Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers (clients) to learn and deliver on their needs
- Partnership – Align myself and my team with what is right for the Freddie and not just Credit
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results (i.e., be good, not just look good); be an impact junkie
- Typically 2+ year mortgage industry or financial services / credit analysis experience
- 4+ years recent (preferably professional) experience with analytical and/or data manipulation tools such as SQL, SAS, R
- Advanced qualifications or experience in Statistics, Economics, Business, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or related field
- Knowledge of and experience with single-family mortgage credit risk data, preferably related to GSEs
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS