Senior Full Stack Developer/Automation Engineer
Are you someone who thrives in automating workflows and developing applications with a passion for critical, technical problem solving? Do you embrace new challenges for independently developing and delivering solutions using various software languages and tools? The Enterprise Monitoring team at Freddie Mac is looking for someone who would lead development, maintenance and support for all solutions and automation needs for the team providing enterprise wide monitoring, performance and analytics solutions using a range of COTS as well as custom and open source tools on-prem and cloud environment. We expect this role to be able to balance their focus on transformation while optimizing our current tool and automation platforms. You will work collaboratively with the monitoring tool admins/SMEs, clients/users, and various stakeholders within the company to ensure the delivery of automation requirements in an efficient, timely manner.
- Oversee entire automation and development framework for the monitoring team and maintain the CI/CD pipeline for the automation scripts.
- Responsible for full stack development of custom web applications that integrates various monitoring tools within the organization utilizing REST/SOAP APIs for the tools.
- Evangelize new technologies and tools, promote top code quality by leading design and code reviews, and solve challenging issues related to performance tuning and scalability.
- Expose strengths and weaknesses in the CI/CD Processes and suggest or automate paths forward to mitigate those weaknesses
- Develop coding and DevOps best practices for the team.
- Collaborate with Monitoring team, maintain production environment, operational readiness, controls adherence, and application risk management for owned applications and tools.
- 5-7 years of elaborating and relevant software development experience in the Information Technology area in an Agile development environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent working experience
- Minimum 5 years Full stack web development and automation experience
- Experience in Shell scripting, Object Oriented programming languages such as Java, Angular, Python, Spring and other technologies as well as Cloud technologies such as AWS.
- Hands-on experience with CI/CD tools and languages – Maven, Github, Jenkins, Ansible, Bitbucket, and Artifactory
- Experience with database technologies like SQL server, Oracle etc.
- Proficiency in automating workflows, developing web services and integration around COTS tools using their RESTful or SOAP based APIs
- Ability to independently perform the all developer duties from Analysis to deployment to post production defect fixing.
- Knowledge of monitoring tools that includes Systems monitoring, Network Monitoring, Database monitoring, Web applications monitoring, Application performance monitoring (APM).
- Key to success in this role
- Works under minimal supervision. Able to provide technical guidance to the team.
- Good communication and team player. Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Proactive in nature with delivering optimal solutions a primary goal.
- Innovative in providing solutions, likes to take on challenges with calculated risk.
- Not a just developer, but a developer with a mindset to think holistically to build a reliable, flexible, and well performing system.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results that meet the business and corporate needs and moves the company to its future desired state
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals, lead from the front, balancing delegation with doing
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- AWS cloud Infrastructure knowledge
- Programming/automation on cloud using AWS native services
- Experience with monitoring tools from CA, Riverbed, HP.
- Experience with integration of tools and services from ServiceNow
- Experience with Open Source tools like Elastic Stack (ELK), Nagios, Icinga etc.
- Experience with AWS Cloud monitoring services like Cloudwatch, Cloudformation etc.
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS