Do you have a passion for technology, and helping people deal with technology risks? Do you thrive in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment? Are you excited by the opportunity to impact an entire company? If so, you may be a great fit with Freddie Mac’s technology risk team.
The Technology Risk Manager role is a key part of the Enterprise Risk Management Division. In this role, you help develop enterprise wide frameworks, and provide insight on the key technology risks that impact Freddie Mac.
Your work will fall into two primary categories:
Policy and Standards Development
- Support development of the technology risk framework, policies, standards, and risk taxonomy.
- Identify appropriate risk frameworks and incorporate in our corporate policies and standards
- Collaborate with division risk officers and subject matter experts to ensure policies and standards are practical, effective and efficient.
- Drive implementation and adherence to the risk framework across Freddie Mac, in collaboration conjunction with business-aligned risk partners.
- Develop training for policies and standards.
Assess Technology Risk
- Evaluate technology risk (support divisions)
- Partner with other operational risk leads to evaluate specific technology risks, controls, issues, and/or risk responses
- Aggregate and monitor technology risk at the enterprise level
- Monitor risk assessments across the enterprise and build an overall assessment of the technology risk
- Monitor external data sources for technology risk data and trends, which may influence the enterprise’s risk profile
- Lead oversight of enterprise wide technology initiatives and programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related technical field or equivalent combination of experience and education
- 5+ years of combined experience in Technology, including IT development, operations and maintenance and support
- Demonstrated ability to perform Technology risk and compliance assessments in complex, multi-department and technology environments.
- Experience developing Technology policies and standards.
- Strong knowledge and experience with operational risk management, covering the full lifecycle of activities, including risk identification, assessment, mitigation, monitoring, and reporting
- Strong relationship building and networking skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Keys to Success in this Role
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Ability to collaborate, while driving decisions and project execution
- Ability to deliver in a dynamic and changing environment
Top 3 Personal Competencies
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
- Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Seek and Embrace Change – Be open to and initiate operating and organizational change
- Relevant professional certification (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM)
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards (e.g. COBIT, NIST, ITIL, FFIEC, ISO, etc)
- Financial services industry experience
- Understanding of regulatory requirements and expectations related to operational risk management
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS