The Cyber Security team at Freddie Mac has an exciting and challenging opportunity for someone who is interested in bringing their passion, relevant background and hard work to lead the effort of building a Data Loss Prevention (DLP) function from the ground up. The position will be responsible for leading the effort of establishing Governance and laying the foundation of the DLP function within Cyber Security. This includes activities ranging across defining and documenting processes and controls for establishing an end-to-end DLP Program, while remediating/addressing related open issues in the process.
- Lead the effort of building a DLP function within CyberSecurity.
- Build, develop, and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, and vendors to formulate DLP solutions for Freddie Mac.
- Partner with key stakeholders across the organization to understand Governance and business requirements to determine scope of DLP policies.
- Responsible for defining and documenting DLP processes/procedures to meet the objectives detailed in the DLP Charter and align with Governance requirements.
- Responsible for developing reports and defining metrics that help determine actual enterprise risk posture relating to data risk and effectiveness of the DLP Program.
- Coordinate the process of integration of DLP events into a UEBA tool with the DLP team and required stakeholders.
- Confirm DLP gaps identified from various sources are addressed as part of the DLP Program establishment effort.
- Work with required stakeholders to develop and submit evidence of action items being met to support remediation of a related open DLP issue.
- Conduct periodic risk assessments to confirm the risk of data loss is being managed effectively upon maturation of the DLP function.
- Must be able to present to different audiences and adjust accordingly (business, technical and management), either structured presentations or ad-hoc.
- Must be able to establish and maintain business relationships with individual contributors as well as management.
- 7+ years of Information Security or related risk management experience.
- Demonstrated experience with designing and implementing Security Risk Management programs.
- Proven written and verbal communication skills with both Business/Management and Technical/Engineering resources.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Management, related field or equivalent work experience.
- Relevant security knowledge and experience in two of the following areas: security operations, incident response, network/host intrusion detection, malware analysis, threat response.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively and credibly with internal management and external senior level oversight entities.
- Experience in leading personnel.
Keys to Success in This Role
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the division
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and how to do things better
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
- CISSP or CISM certification. Other relevant certifications such as CIPT will be considered.
- Experience in the financial services industry.
- Experience working in a DLP role.
- Knowledge of enterprise detection technologies and processes (Advanced Threat Detection Tools, IDS/IPS, Network Packet Analysis, Endpoint Protection).
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS