We are currently seeking a Risk Analytics Manager to join the Credit Analytics & Reporting team in the Single-Family division. The team is responsible for analyzing, reporting and help managing credit risk. This position is to provide analytics and reporting to support innovations for collateral representations and warranty relief efforts and for managing the collateral risk. The position will be tasked with developing deep understanding of data and current code base, design analytical approaches for business questions and scenario evaluations, managing data research, analyses and preparation of reports and presentations.
Your work falls into two primary categories:
Collateral Policy Support
- Provides timely, relevant, robust analyses to support collateral risk related business decisions
- Develops, relatively quickly, deep understanding of relevant data, business background and the current SAS / SQL code
- Designs appropriate analytical approaches for variety of business questions or scenarios presented.
- Participates in the development of an analytical framework containing data preparation, code and reporting to support baseline and ad hoc analyses
- Maintains collaborative working relationships with internal clients
New Initiatives Support
- Participates in the development of an analytical framework for new initiatives
- Receives assignments in the form of analytics deliverables and determines how to meet schedules and goals
- Typically 5-7 years of related experience within the credit risk space
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science or equal work experience
- 4+ years of data analysis experience, with a combination of business and technical skills. Experience in analyzing and manipulating large data sets
Keys to success in this role:
- Self-motivated, pro-active, and results-driven problem solver
- Proven quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills both oral and written
- Excellent SAS and SQL programming skills
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, identify and escalate issues appropriately to the management
Top 3 Personal Competencies to possess:
- Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers (clients) to learn and deliver on their needs
- Partnership – Align myself and my team with what is right for the company
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results
- Mortgage industry experience or financial / credit analysis
- Strong leadership aptitude, ability to engage and influence internal and external stakeholders
- Familiarity with project planning, project risk management activities
- 5+ years of SQL, SAS, R or Python programming experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS