At Freddie Mac, Emerging Data Technology Approved Provisioning Points (APPs) Team is responsible for creating consolidated data stores based on data subject matters such as Loan, Contract and Securities. These are deemed mission critical applications and connected to various producers and consumers. If you are tech savvy, extensive hands on experience on events and web services, automation in mind, love challenges, willing to learn new technologies, work with multiple teams and projects simultaneously, customer focused with high work ethics then this is the exact place you are looking for.
As a Technical Lead you will lead the development team, help them resolve complicated problems, provide technical solutions in-line with Freddie Mac standards and compliance, identify risks in the system and work toward resolving or mitigating
immediately. The hired candidate will work closely with the infrastructure team and protect production. This role will engage team members and influence to work and enhance technical skills by having technical discussions and presentations/demonstrations. Always find opportunities to automate current system and processes and enhance the quality of the system and client service.
Your work will fall into three primary categories:
Lead Project Development:
- As a Technical Lead you will be responsible for project delivery in the areas of Emerging Data Technology Approved Provisioning Points (APPs), creating consolidated data stores based on data subject matters such as Loan, Contract and Securities. These are deemed mission critical applications and connected to various producers and consumers.
- Lead the development team, help them resolve complicated problems, provide technical solutions in-line with Freddie Mac standards and compliance, identify risks in the system and work toward resolving or mitigating immediately.
- Work closely with the infrastructure team and protect production.
- This role will engage team members and influence to work and enhance technical skills by having technical discussions and presentations/demonstrations.
Drive Technology Transformation and Improvements:
- Keep up to date on current trends and technologies and make recommendations to improve or better align offerings with the goals of the company
- Ensure that applications can be continuously released with high levels of confidence while also improving the scalability, reliability and quality
- Always find opportunities to automate current system and processes and enhance the quality of the system and client service
Provide Leadership Skills:
- Manage and monitor a small team of developers
- Ensure team is operating in the most effective way possible and have the appropriate level of skills and capabilities to be successful
- Understand what’s unique about each team member and know how to capitalize on their strengths and find ways to upskill where gaps exist
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 8+ years related work experience
- 2+ years developing applications using current technologies (for example: Java/J2EE, Unix, Shell Scripting, DB2, WebLogic, Fusion 12c SOA/OSB andMessaging)
- ETL development and data integration experience
- Experience communicating technology solutions to a diverse audience, including the business, architecture, infrastructure and IT management
- Experience ensuring that processes follow technical standards, documentation and implementation procedures
- Well-versed with fundamental concepts and solid understanding of Web Security & protocols (ex: HTTP, LDAP)
- Knowledgeable about DevOps
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Influencing team and build trust
- Ability to drive resolution of complex technical problems associated with system development, performance, integration and implementation.
- Ability to quickly grasp technical details and manage complex technical integrations.
- Curiosity and interest to learn technologies and implement in day to day work.
- Willingness to accept feedback for self-development/improvement
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers (clients) to learn and deliver on their needs
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Additional programming experience with languages such as Node.js, Python and SpringBoot is a plus
- Experience with Red Hat Openshift, CI/CD DevOps, Containers, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with cloud migrations is a plus
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS