Freddie Mac’s Single Family Strategic Delivery Team is currently seeking a Senior Project Manager to join the Loan Product Advisor group. The Strategic Delivery group is responsible for identifying, evaluation, designing, developing, and implementing new or enhanced product offerings, concepts and business or technology projects that introduce efficiencies in the mortgage origination process to build novel applications and make Freddie Mac an industry leader in the secondary mortgage market. The Senior Project Manager will contribute to the development of our Offering products and act as a Business Lead and mortgage industry subject matter expert (SME) on projects, providing guidance and oversight.
This role will own full end-to-end deliver of software product with matrixed team member of varying professional levels. This role will work collaboratively with open-minded, technology savvy and dedicated members from IT and Business groups in solution delivery as well as efficiency. This role will manage ongoing production support needs or incidents for a critical business function and create detailed estimates to ensure that they are reasonable and aligned to historical norms where applicable. This role will also manage assigned project and products for small and medium efforts and provide a supporting role in larger efforts or programs.
Your work falls into two primary categories:
- Leverage mortgage experience to ensure that requirements / use cases including Non-functional (performance, operational and transitional) are fully developed, communicated and understood
- Work with project teams and stakeholders to ensure that business requirements gaps or issues are resolved in a transparent in a timely manner
- Create and review project plans and status and rapidly mobilize resources to address risks and issues in the development space
- Ensure that development practices (e.g. code reviews, unit testing, etc.) are followed through the project life-cycle
- Effectively manage assigned efforts with the use of standard project management tools, including project work plans, issue logs, status reporting and the facilitation and documentation of effective meetings
- Work independently while driving and managing assignments from concept through deployment/launch
- Leverage mortgage experience to categorize a project risks and identify and mitigate new risks
- Work with different teams to identify opportunities for efficiency in project planning and execution to provide the business
- Come up with solutions at the lowest cost while balancing risk appropriately.
- Work with business partners to document and understand requirement needs and challenge the team to create inspiring solutions.
- Demonstrate ownership of problems, issues, or requests from start to finish. Facilitate appropriate handoffs, but track the item through resolution.
- Escalate proposed or actual solutions that do not adequately resolve the problem or satisfy the state.
- Typically 8+ years of business analysis experience in the mortgage industry. Must have mortgage industry experience to be considered!
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate mortgage industry experience.
- Experience in the primary/secondary mortgage market, preferably underwriting and/or credit analytics.
- Ability to rapidly learn key business design concepts of given project being developed and internal project tools and project management methodology / related processes.
- Ability to support multiple concurrent high priority projects in various capacities (i.e., lead one or more projects while supporting one or more projects).
- Ability to analyze, document, develop and manage complex business processes, think analytically and solve problems.
- Ability to work collaboratively with key internal stakeholders, external customers, external stakeholders and matrixed teams.
- Liaison between the business area customer/user, testing groups and development groups to ensure that scope items for a release are accurately implemented and tested from the business perspective.
- Project management experience using standard project management tools; collecting, writing and maintaining business requirements; maintaining action item trackers, issue and risks logs; managing budgets and reporting and facilitation of effective project team meetings; ability to work as an influencer.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills including the ability to develop and deliver presentations to multiple types of audiences and ability to interact cross-functionally and drive both business and technical discussions.
- Proficient in Excel, MS Project, and Visio
- Ability to analyze metrics, data, and project financials.
Key to success in this role
- Self-starter / independent thinker: demonstrated ambition to take on new roles with increasing responsibility with limited guidance and direction from management
- Proven track record of driven, results-oriented, creative and nimble problem-solving capabilities and a willingness to do ‘whatever it takes’ to deliver business value quickly.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, rapidly changing business environment and manage multiple tasks.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented.
Top Three Personal Competencies
- Partnership: Build trust and strong partnerships through my own and my team’s actions
- Drive for Execution: Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Seek and Embrace Change: Be open to and initiate operating and organizational change (even if uncomfortable)cials.
- Excellent analytical/problem solving skills and experience with Agile/Waterfall methodologies
- Certifications such as Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO), Prosci Change Management and/or experience in these areas
- Primary/secondary mortgage market and/or finance experience
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS