Do you want to lead the charge for technology transformation, and enable the mission of making housing more affordable? As an Architect Leader, you will manage across a portfolio of applications and domains providing strategic guidance as well as support on business and technical needs. You will not only drive out solution targets & diagrams, but also review and approve the work of others. Approach technology decisions & choices with objective rationality, providing analysis & guidance to drive decisions. Ensure policy compliance to the architecture portfolio and adherence to internal guidelines e.g. security, cloud architecture patterns, etc.
Apply to join Freddie Mac’s Enterprise Data & Emerging Technology team today!
Your responsibilities fall into these 2 primary categories:
Architecture Solution & Delivery
- Perform hands-on architecture and design for solutions to enable various big data analytics, modeling, and data integration use cases
- Design and assist in building and managing data pipelines in operational and analytical environments
- Evaluate and select the appropriate technology solutions across application and data spaces
- Design solutions to manage, monitor, deploy and scale polyglot applications (python, scala, java etc.)
- Clearly articulate, document and sell architectural targets, recommendations and reusable patterns
- Understands Cloud Native design principles, containerization and Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery integration
- Improve resiliency and efficiency of the Freddie Mac data ecosystem
- Comfortably learn and apply a wide variety of modern technologies and tools across rapidly changing environment, including through proof of concepts as appropriate
- Define, structure and plan work independently, while maintaining alignment across dynamic teams and organizations
- Hands-on experiences for AWS architecture design, Data Management, Big Data, and Data Warehousing
- At least 5 years of experience in an architecture role
- At least 2 years of experience in design and implementations with cloud architecture technologies, micro-services, and 12-factor application architecture, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- At least 5 years of experience writing code and usage of the following software tools: Github, Sonar, or Jenkins
Keys to success in this role:
- Have a sense of intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning
- Be self-driven, actively looks for ways to contribute, and knows how to get things done
- Possess good communication and reasoning skills, including the ability to make a strong case for technology choices
- Lead, manage and grow multiple teams of product focused software engineers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of engineers on your team
- Continuously improve software engineering practices; leading the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Help identify risks/impediments, escalate issues, bring transparency to deliverables and ensure Agile delivery
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
Top Personal Competencies to possess:
- Leadership – Lead from the front, balancing delegation with doing
- Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Partnership – Build trust and strong partnerships through your own and team’s actions
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
- Master’s Degree
- Has understanding and experiences in Architectural patterns such as CQRS, Event Sourcing etc.
- At least 7 years of experience in software development: Go or nodejs or Java or Spring or Python
- At least 3 years of experience with DevOps, CI/CD implementations of the following technologies: Docker or Jenkins or Test Driven Development patterns or blue/green deploys
- At least 2 years of experience with modern data platforms and architectures one or more of the following: Apache Spark, Apache Kafka, ML frameworks
- Experience of building data lake in AWS Cloud, moving Data applications to the Cloud, and developing cloud native Data applications
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS