Are you someone who thrives in a fast-paced, system engineering environment? Do you have a passion for solving problems with automation/scripting and a thorough understanding of Unix, OpenShift and AWS? If you have proven engineering experience, know what is takes to implement solutions in a complex environment and love being part of a dedicated team, we are your next destination employer! Apply to join Freddie Mac’s Unix Engineering team as our newest Senior Cloud Engineer.
Your Work Falls into These Primary Categories:
Container (Open Shift) Engineering
- Develop scripts to automate operational tasks
- Experience in full life cycle engineering and support of a container environment (OpenShift)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud provider
- Proven expertise in application containerization management with OpenShift
- Working experience with DevOps or Agile processes
- In-depth knowledge of best practices around Docker/Containerization
- Checking status of environments and individual tools
- Build and manage Docker baseline images
- Good knowledge of the core service needed for the application (ex: TAM, AD, DB, CMDB, Monitoring etc.)
Systems Operations Support
- Excellent knowledge of and experience with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) operating system, system configuration, and administration
- Work on production related issues. Providing resolutions to an extensive range of complicated problems. Solutions are innovative, thorough, and practicable.
- Identify, analyze, fix, and determine root cause, follow-up and coordinate changes to resolve complex problems involving hardware, software, networking and applications.
- Be part of the escalation team for on-call rotation and weekend activities as required.
- Write technical documentation, operational procedures, systems documentation and Incident and problem communications and reporting.
- Assist with the performance analysis of existing applications and ensuring that the system is consistent with ongoing need.
- Possessing strong network knowledge and skilled in network protocols such as TCP/IP and DNS, DHCP.
Project / Customer Support
- Represents the organization as the principal customer contact and often performs a project leadership role for the team. Interacts with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters frequently requiring coordination across organizational lines.
- Works under limited direction independently determines and develops approach to solutions. Work is evaluated upon completion for quality and adequacy in satisfying objectives.
- 5 – 7 years of related experience in Unix System administration
- At least 2 years of experience in OpenShift AND/OR Kubernetes cluster
- College STEM Degree or equivalent experience; advanced studies/degree preferred
- Proven scripting and programming experience.
- Container background (Docker / Kubernetes / OpenShift)
- Cloud experience (AWS)
- Red Hat System Administration
- High level of problem solving and troubleshooting capabilities
Keys to Success in This Role
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the teams
- Ability to mentor and empower junior technical staff
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the division
- Ability to work independently with customers to complete tasks assigned to successfully support deployments
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Drive for Execution – Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Customer Focus – Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes
- RedHat Certifications
- AWS Certifications
- Scripting / Programming
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS