Are you a self-motivated professional, who thrives in a high-energy environment? Do you have proven experience in the mortgage industry, with expertise in condominium and cooperative projects? If so, apply to join us as the newest member in our Single-Family Division – as a Collateral Risk Policy Senior!
The role will focus on in-depth reviews of condominium and cooperative projects with an expectation the candidate has extensive experience specific to the analysis and/or underwriting of residential condominium projects.
Your Work Falls into These Primary Categories:
Research and Documentation
- Ability to research and discern condominium Declarations, by-laws, litigation documents and financial statements.
- Ensures documentation criteria are in accordance with internal standards, as well as, external regulatory and legal requirements.
- Support of the business interests of Freddie Mac, Sellers and Third-Party Vendors in accordance with contracts and terms-of-business (TOB) by means of phone, e-mail, WebEx meetings/seminars and face-to-face interactions when appropriate.
- Create, edit, and/or update spreadsheets and/or systems with data gathered from various systems, applications and public records.
- 5-7 years of mortgage related experience
- College degree or commensurate experience
- An extensive knowledge of the condominium and cooperative forms of ownership, and industry related risk management policies and underwriting guidelines
- Knowledge of Fannie Mae and/or Freddie Mac condo and co-op underwriting guidelines
- Knowledge of Investor and Mortgage Insurance company guidelines
- Ability to differentiate between new and established condominium and/or cooperative projects
- Familiarity with Loan Product Advisor. Knowledge of Fannie Mae DU, CPM, PERS and CVAS is a plus
- Must have demonstrated the ability to work with and advise internal corporate stakeholders on current and proposed policies
- Ability to participate in a collaborative way, as a core team member, when assigned short and long-term projects, from inception to implementation
- Strong analytical, problem solving and underwriting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Advanced Business Writing skills is a plus
- Intermediate skills in the use of MS Office Suite – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio
- Accomplished user of Internet Applications including AllRegs. LexisNexis Courtlink is a plus
- Familiarity with navigating database technology and SharePoint resources. Salesforce is a plus
- Consistently demonstrate the highest level of professionalism, self-motivation, adaptability and flexibility when working in a challenging, high-profile environment
- Must identify with the principles and standards of exemplary business ethics and behaviors in accordance with the Freddie Mac Code of Conduct
Keys to Success in This Role
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Positive mindset, open to other points of view and collaboration
- Adaptability and flexibility with high tolerance for ambiguity, ability to take ownership and drive projects in a changing environment
- Driven, takes initiative while collaborating with both internal and external partners
- Extremely organized and willing to implement down to the smallest detail
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Customer Focus (Internal and External) – Deliver prompt and high-quality customer service
- Seek and Embrace Change – Actively support culture change initiatives
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS