Works with Scrum Team to ensure scrum best practices are followed from the initiation through delivery of Enterprise Business Intelligence projects. Serves as a liaison between the product owner and development team to ensure requirements are delivered and key milestones are met. Facilitates the management of the product backlog and coordinates with other Scrum Masters to identify and manage cross-team dependencies. Closely tracks and monitors the scrum team’s deliverable and reports metrics at the iteration and project levels. Facilitates meetings for backlog refinement, iteration review and planning. Removes impediments impacting the team’s ability to meet their commitment.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
Mentor and Coach Scrum Team
- Work with the scrum team to instill agile values and principles and lead by example
- Facilitate productivity by removing impediments team will encounter, mediating through conflicts, helping team to make decisions and adhering to continues improvement principle
- Track and report progress and blockers to program management
- Support and educate Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Ensure agile/Scrum concepts and principles are adhered to, should be able to be a voice of reason and authority
Effectively Manage Projects
- Directly managing all aspects of the project lifecycle, working with project team as well as business and IT partners to oversee all phases/iterations of a project.
- Manage assigned projects and activities from initiation to close-out
- Support the management and planning of all project components including (but not limited to): scope management, development and management of work plans.
- Rigorously managing scope, schedule and budget to ensure commitments are achieved within agreed upon time, cost and quality parameters
- Validating financial forecasts and providing on-going reconciliation of resources and other related project expenditures
- Should be able to facilitate discussion and facilitate alternatives or different approaches
- Keep Scrum process on track and passing it to the team as self-organization matures
- Help team adhere to the best engineering practices and makes sure everybody understands technical debt concept
- Leverage data to measuring & monitoring progress
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or similar technical degree and/or equivalent experience
- Typically has a minimum of 5 – 7+ years of managing software development projects, as a project manager or scrum master, from initiation to deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to report on project level plans to Technical and Business partners (from staff level to Executives)
Keys to Success in this Role
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, being able to effectively manage the defined scope, schedule, resources and budget end to end.
- Build trusted relationships with the team, business areas and other key partners.
- Being able to effectively manage and prioritize projects and tasks and manage risks around them.
- Intellectual agility and interpersonal flexibility
- Strong consultation and communication skills
- Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership – Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals. Lead from the front, balancing delegation with doing
- Seek and Embrace Change – Continuously improve work processes rather than accepting the status quo
- Growth and Development – Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully complete
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS