This role is in Governance and Business Services (GBS) and is part of 1st Line of Defense (LOD) within the Multifamily Division at Freddie Mac. GBS is responsible for identifying and measuring operational risks, analyzing and reporting on risks, establishing governance over operational risks for the Multifamily division, and collaborating with the Three Lines of Defense and senior management across the company. In this role, operational risks include SOX, data privacy, fraud/money laundering, information security, business continuity, laws/regulations, performing risk assessments, and control design and implementation. GBS leads the division with compliance to the Corporate Enterprise Risk Management framework including compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) framework. This role collaborates closely with business area management and there are opportunities to assess and implement process improvements, change management and project management. The Risk and Control Senior will work on diverse and complex issues, where analysis of situation or data requires evaluation of a variety of factors, including an understanding of current business trends. The responsibilities are time sensitive and have a high-level of visibility within Multifamily and across the company.
Your Work Will Fall into Two Primary Categories:
Operational Risk Management
- Lead and document risk assessments, including new and changes to existing processes.
- Draft risk and control matrix and demonstrate an understanding of procedures performed to test controls.
- Ability to perform root cause analysis over operational events.
- Monitor and report on risks and issues.
- Escalate to management and perform analysis over emerging risks and issues.
Business Area, Lines of Defense Engagement
- Work individually and with the business to identify, develop and implement operational efficiency and controls.
- Lead engagements with 2nd and 3rd Lines of Defense, including the external auditor and regulators.
- Work with the 2nd Line of Defense in developing and influencing corporate policies and governance frameworks.
- Present to management analysis over risks, controls and projects.
- Ability to develop relationships across the business and company.
- Ability to negotiate and influence situations and people.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments.
- Experience in conducting audits at a public accounting firm or as an internal auditor.
- Experience in testing manual and automated controls.
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, related field or equivalent work experience in COSO, COBIT, SOX.
- 5 – 7 years related experience
Keys to success in this Role
- Curiosity and interest in Operational Risk Management in Multifamily
- Team player with positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to multi-task
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Customer Focus – Personally engage with internal customers and deliver as promised
- Partnership – Work effectively across teams to objectives
- Drive for Execution – Focus on results rather than the appearance of results
- MBA, other graduate degree or advanced studies including CIA, CPA, CISA, CFA.
- Experience in commercial real estate (Multifamily).
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS