Freddie Mac’s Investments & Capital Markets Business Resiliency team protects the divisions assets from significant business interruptions by optimizing risk management and building operational resiliency. The team is focused on Resiliency Testing, Continuity Planning, Strategy and Governance, and Crisis Management. The Business Resiliency team in partnership with key stakeholders is are responsible for completing and maintaining BIAs Business Continuity Plans BCPsBusiness Impact Analyses (BIA’s), planning and conducting tests of critical business continuity and crisis management capabilities, and capturing and recording test performance.
The I&CM Business Resiliency Team assists in validating overall resiliency capabilities and is responsible for partnering with Enterprise Operations supporting overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
The I&CM Business Resiliency team assists in evaluating the Division’s ability to recover normal business operations after a business continuity incident. The team provides guidance to internal business partners on current resiliency performance as well as assists with Workaround, Personnel, Facility and Disaster Recovery Testing. The team also partners with I&CM business process owners and technology partners to ensure that an overall testing strategy is defined, resiliency test plans are in place, test schedules have been developed and adhered to, and that testing results are reviewed for accuracy and completeness.
The candidate will also learn to effectively navigate through the Business Continuity Management tool and maintain the framework of the I&CM business resiliency model for review by the Operations Governance Team, Audit, and L2 teams respectively.
- Work with technology partners and business process owners to establish develop testing plans and support overall testing calendar
- Assist in developing detailed testing scenarios that critically evaluates the businesses ability to recover from a short and/or long-term business disruption.
- Identify and implement efficiencies within the maturing testing program.
- Work with the Business Stakeholders to follow up on issues identified from various business resiliency tests.
- Coordination with business unit participation and in completion of resiliency testing gaps required by division standards.
- Assist in evaluating test results for accuracy and completeness and ensure retesting occurs as required.
- Execute assessments in alignment with identified frameworks (Resiliency, IT, Security, etc.)
- Examine exercise and testing results to confirm required success and pass/fail criteria have been achieved per Enterprise Operation’s standards
- Confirm business unit signoff is captured and corresponding issues have been identified for escalation and subsequent remediation
- Create exercise and testing performance templates and corresponding summary report details
- Proactively identify and provide input on opportunities to streamline exercise and testing plans while maintaining quality and compliance
- Maintain validation results for management reporting purposes, as well as audit compliance
- Provide input on remediation items, corrective actions, After Action Reports or internal audits as necessary
- Identify scope of annual Assessments for compliance and resiliency maturity purposes
- Gather the business and technology required capabilities necessary for Maintaining The newly developed BCM tool
- Develop, maintain and update all templates necessary for review of maturity and risk against enterprise-wide rResiliency capabilities
- Provide level of effort estimates for all assessment activities
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders and vVendors to provide/gather relevant input to sustain program activities and prioritization efforts