Freddie Mac’s Portfolio Management and Capital Markets Divisions are responsible for managing the ~$2.5 trillion mortgage guarantee and investment portfolios through secondary mortgage market activities such as asset-liability management, loan purchases, servicing transactions, securitization and credit risk transfer.
This is a two-year full-time rotational program designed to provide analysts with the opportunity to gain a unique and diverse perspective across three key areas within these Divisions. The key focus is to provide training experiences with the goal of learning the mortgage capital markets life cycle as a whole while also providing desk-specific knowledge. Analysts will get a chance to learn and work alongside seasoned professionals on various desks to analyze and support a diverse set of transactions, trades, and strategies. Analysts will do four six-month rotations, with at least one rotation on a desk in each of the three buckets.
Analysts will rotate through the following areas –
Purchase and Guarantee:
- Understanding how Freddie Mac purchases, prices, costs, and manages the front-end execution of the business.
- Learning how to actively manage a portfolio through the single family guarantee, servicing, and retained portfolios.
Credit Risk Transfer:
- Supporting the evolving CRT strategy to manage the credit risk underlying the guarantee portfolio.
Through these rotations, analysts will build the following competencies and opportunities:
- Fixed income valuation and financial transaction analysis
- Expertise in the U.S. Economy
- Knowledge of primary and secondary mortgage financial system
- Technical qualities (eg. Advanced Excel, SQL, SAS, Python, R)
- Professional networking skills and opportunities within the company and industry
- Mentorships to help guide your career
- Social community of analysts
Ideal candidates for this program are highly motivated, analytical thinkers who are committed towards building a long-term career in capital markets and mortgage finance. It is anticipated that high-performing analysts will be offered a permanent position at the end of the two-year rotational program.
- Minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably but not only in Economics, Finance, Business, and Mathematics
- Availability to begin full time employment in June 2020, following Fall 2019 or Spring 2020 graduation
Keys to Success in this Role:
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills/concepts
- Some background in Finance, especially Capital Markets, recommended
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solving ability
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively
- Comfortability with fast paced trading floor environment
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess:
- Drive for Execution: Be accountable for strong individual and team performance
- Seek and Embrace Change: Actively support culture change initiatives
- Growth and Development: Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully complete
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS