Freddie Mac’s Portfolio Management and Capital Markets Divisions are responsible for managing the ~$2.5 trillion mortgage guarantee and investment portfolios through secondary mortgage market activities such as asset-liability management, loan purchases, servicing transactions, securitization and credit risk transfer.
This is a ten week program designed to provide interns with the opportunity to gain a unique and diverse perspective into Freddie Mac Capital Markets. The key focus is to provide training experiences to introduce interns to the mortgage capital markets life cycle as a whole while also providing some introductory desk-specific knowledge. Interns will get a chance to learn and work alongside seasoned professionals and have the opportunity for many mentorship experiences. Interns will do two five week rotations, one in each of the following buckets.
Analysts will rotate through the following areas –
- Learning how to actively manage a portfolio through the single family guarantee, servicing, and retained portfolios.
Credit Risk Transfer
- Supporting the evolving CRT strategy to manage the credit risk underlying the guarantee portfolio.
Through these rotations, analysts will build the following competencies and opportunities:
- Fixed income valuation and financial transaction analysis
- Expertise in the U.S. Economy
- Knowledge of primary and secondary mortgage financial system
- Technical qualities (eg. Advanced Excel, SQL, SAS, Python, R)
- Professional networking skills and opportunities within the company and industry
- Mentorships to help guide your career
- Social community of analysts
Ideal candidates for this program are highly motivated, analytical thinkers who are committed towards building a long-term career in capital markets and mortgage finance. It is anticipated that high-performing interns will be offered a position in the Analyst program at the end of the summer.
- Minimum cumulative 3.2 GPA
- Junior in college with a major preferably but not only in Economics, Finance, Business, and Mathematics
- Availability to begin the internship in May 2020
Keys to Success in this Role
- Ability to learn quickly and pick up new skills/concepts
- Any experience or background in Finance, especially Capital Markets, recommended
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Problem solving ability
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively
- Comfortability with fast paced trading floor environment
Top Three Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership: Set and execute upon a clear vision, strategy, and/or goals
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
- Growth and Development: Know or learn what is needed to deliver results and successfully compete
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
The hired candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction. Freddie Mac does not intend to support hiring any students, exchange visitors, or recent graduates on F-1, J-1, or M-1 visas, or any individuals requiring sponsorship for an employment based visa application (such as H-1B) in connection with these openings.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS