Do you have a passion for creating new partnerships and programs and working with lenders and other industry leaders focused on helping people achieve their goal of homeownership? Do you have a knowledge of the affordable lending ecosystem and related low-down payment products? Are you a strong project manager who can manage multiple priorities and complex projects? Do you have what it takes to be an internal consultant and successfully lead and influence a team, then we are your next destination employer.
Your Work Will Fall into Three Primary Categories:
Strategy & Product Development and Implementation
- Manage the Affordable Lending Product Line- to ensure it reflects current market dynamics, is competitive and responds to client needs
- Provide leadership to take new and existing affordable lending strategies and projects from the initial stage of development to full implementation.
- Analyze and evaluate new affordable lending solutions from lenders and other partners for prioritization and cost benefit.
- Manage projects using traditional (non-technical) project management tools- project work plans, feasibility analysis, etc.
Best Practice Research and External Support
- Provide support to analytics teams in the collection of market level research on affordable housing needs, including analysis of data and trends, obtain feedback from market participants to support continuous improvement of the effectiveness and impact of the Freddie Mac offerings designed in support of low and moderate individuals.
- Manage external vendors to ensure offerings are delivered in accordance with contracts and scope of work statements to achieve Freddie Macs desired outcomes.
- Keep abreast of best in class market participants and current trends and thought leadership in affordable lending.
Team Management and Leadership
- Manage formal and informal teams established for the development of each project.
- Conduct internal and external presentations on assigned projects and provide briefings to senior management.
- Attend and at times represent Freddie Mac at industry conferences and customer forums and meetings.
- 8-10 years related experience in affordable lending/product development
- College degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated capability in managing complex projects
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Familiarity with secondary mortgage market fundamentals
- Mortgage banking experience, with emphasis on affordable lending products and initiatives
Keys to Success in This Role
- Strong consultation and communication skills
- Change leadership
- Ability to work with and collaborate across the team
- Ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships inside and outside of the ALAC division
- Deep curiosity to learn about new trends and implement new ideas
- Ability to use data to help inform strategy and direction
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Leadership – Lead from the front, balancing delegation with doing
- Drive for Execution – Treat obstacles as challenges to overcome, not excuses
- Customer Focus – Seek and use data and feedback to enhance customer outcomes
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS