Information Technology Operational Risk Management (ITRM) is responsible for providing oversight of operational risks associated with all operating activities of Freddie Mac’s Information Technology division. The primary responsibilities of ITRM include providing risk management, risk advisory, third party IT risk management, regulatory liaison, and policy/standards governance for the Information Technology division. This could include managing the review and publication of divisional policies and standards, defining and implementing risk management frameworks, monitoring and reporting risks and risk response, performing risk reviews and evaluations, and driving continuous improvement of risk management capabilities across IT. ITRM is led by the Vice President, IT Operational Risk & Governance.
ITRM is looking for an experienced Senior to join a team that provides control self-testing and assurance/validation capabilities across IT. The IT Risk & Controls Senior will report directly to the Manager, IT Risk & Controls, Self-Testing. Working closely with the teams that represent each IT Department, the Senior will be part of a team that is responsible for consistent and logical application of key components of the IT Risk Management Framework for the IT Division. This position requires that the applicant have a strong understanding of the risk frameworks, operational risks, and the execution of risk management processes and governance within a large institution. The applicant must also have strong communication and management skills, and strong knowledge of industry best practices.
Your Work Falls into Three Primary Categories:
Risk Management and Control Assurance
- Understanding and managing Information and Technology risk associated with the operational processes for the IT division
- Executing 1st Line of Defense control self-testing program
- Providing transparency of risk exposures through implementing sound reporting for risk-based decision making
Assist with Team Management
- Provide mentorship to team of risk professional
- Build strong partnerships with IT stakeholders, as well as 2nd and 3rd lines of defense organizations
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years of experience working with SOX, practical experience in internal/external audits, risk management – methods and techniques for the assessment and management of risk
- Ability to operate as a self-motivated, pro-active, and result-driven problem solver with excellent analytical and communication skills
- Ability to understand IT business processes, management objectives, risk appetite and tolerances and impact of changes to risk profiles
- Experience in IT governance and controls, including governance frameworks, COBIT, FFIEC, COSO, ISO-31000, etc.
Key to Success in This Role
- Self-starter and self-motivated.
- Ability to work & collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Sense of urgency and able to apply risk-based approach to prioritize work.
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, persuasively with technology and business stakeholders.
- Motivated to learn new technologies and identify process improvements and efficiencies.
- Ability to adapt to change while continuing to deliver on assigned objectives.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Top 3 Personal Competencies to Possess
- Partnership: Align myself and my team with what is right for the company, not just my own area
- Drive for Execution: Focus on real results rather than the appearance of results (i.e., be good, not just look good)
- Customer Focus (Internal and External): Personally engage with customers to learn their needs
- Financial Services experience
- CISA, CRISC, CIA, CISSP or other relevant professional certification
- Knowledge of IT risk and control frameworks
Today, Freddie Mac makes home possible for one in four home borrowers and is one of the largest sources of financing for multifamily housing. Join our smart, creative and dedicated team and you’ll do important work for the housing finance system and make a difference in the lives of others. Freddie Mac is an equal opportunity and top diversity employer. EOE, M/F/D/V.
Notice to External Search Firms: Freddie Mac partners with BountyJobs for contingency search business through outside firms. Resumes received outside the BountyJobs system will be considered unsolicited and Freddie Mac will not be obligated to pay a placement fee. If interested in learning more, please visit www.BountyJobs.com and register with our referral code: MAC. Once registered, Freddie Mac will have access to your contact information should we choose to engage your agency for future hiring needs.
< BACK TO SEARCH RESULTS